We aren’t an avid fish eaters so whenever fish finds its way to our home along with the groceries, I try to make sure that it’s good enough to consume. Last week, I asked HI to bring some fish from the super market so that I can fix a quick dinner, he asked me which fish to bring and I told him “Any”. Like literally, I had nothing in my mind. Anyways, he brought Hoki and I was glad. I decided to air fry it not because had a healthy mean plan in mind but because I wanted to see how it’s done in it. Haha.
Well, the experiment at dinner time failed terribly and I had to serve broken fish pieces to the family but I wasn’t done yet. I tried air frying it the next day with the lessons learnt from the previous night and voila, it came out perfect. (The pictures are from that day). So, don’t miss the ‘Two Cents‘ part as you scroll down the recipe because there lies the gold. 😀 Also, check out the highlight named ‘Parmesan Crumbed Fish‘ on my Instagram to see how I coat the filets without getting my hands dirty, the whole process is saved in there. 😀
Also, you can marinate and freeze the fillets. One of the best solutions on the days when you’re not in a mood to prepare full fledge food spread.
Now let’s get down to the recipe business. You can absolutely fry (deep/shallow) or bake it as per your liking. The recipe won’t disappoint you I bet, inshaa Allah.
About Parmesan Crumbed Fish: Thick crunchy parmesan and spices coated (air) fried fish filet. You can use any fish to make it, I used Hoki (skin off) and it turned out too good.
Cuisine: UK/ English
Course: Main/ Side
|Prep Time:||10 mins**||Quickness:||🐟🐟🐟🐟*|
|Air Frying Time:||15-20 mins**||Spice Level:||🐟*|
*Above ratings are out of 5, with 5 being the ‘most’.
**Above times do not include marination time.
- Big bowl for marinating
- Spoons/ Tongs (for cooking/mixing)
- Fish Filets 1 kg
- Eggs 2 beaten
- Cooking Spray for air frying
- All-purpose flour 250 gms (around 1 cup)
- Corn flour 50 gms (around 4 tbsp)
- Rice flour 25 gms (around 2 tbsp)
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper (freshly grounded) 1 tsp
- Paprika powder 1 tsp
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Onion powder 1 tbsp
- Parmesan Cheese (shredded) 250gms (around 1 cup)
- Salt 1.5 tsp
- Cut the fish in filets
- In a bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients.
- Dip the fish filets in the egg wash followed by coating with flour marinade evenly, shaking off any excess.
- Repeat the coating process.
- Marinate for bout 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat air-fryer at 200 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
- Spray the fish filets with cooking spray.
- Air fry the fish filets for about 15-20 mins, flipping halfway through.
- Serve hot with fries and tartare sauce.
MY TWO CENTS:
- Adjust the spices to suit your taste buds.
- You can use any fish of your choice, I used Hoki.
- Pat dry the fish filets before coating.
- Adjust the cooking times depending on the kind and the thickness of the fish that you’re using.
- For air frying, spray the fish filet generously with oil. You don’t want any dry patch left on the filet for a perfectly golden crispy fried fish.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Don’t forget to Shake and Flip the filets halfway through.
- Instead of air frying, you can shallow fry the filets in a pan (that’ll be quicker). Alternatively, you can bake them too.
- Also, You can freeze the coated fish filets and use them later on.
Hope you’ll enjoy trying it out.
I’d love to get your feedback. Feel free to drop a comment below about your experience.